Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 13 Hansard (6 December) . . Page.. 4168..
(2) The Conservator takes advice from groups such as the Tree Advisory Panel, Flora and Fauna Committee and the Natural Resource Management Advisory Committee.
(3) As a statutory position holder the Conservator is independent.
(4) Mr McNulty was appointed to the role of Conservator on 1 July 2006.
(Question No 1800)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 4 December 2007:
(1) Will trees in the vicinity of the Sirius Building, Woden be removed as part of the redevelopment of the site;
(2) Are new trees planned in the landscaping of the development.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes. Approval has been sought for the removal of a large number of trees in the vicinity of Sirius House including 14 regulated trees. The Conservator has made a decision under the Tree Protection Act, 2005 to permit the removal of 4 regulated trees on non-development grounds. A decision on the remaining 10 regulated trees rests with the ACT Planning and Land Authority under the Land (Planning and Environment) Act 1991.
(2) Yes. New Street trees are proposed to be planted on the Northern and Western frontages of the new development and adjacent to the southern boundary of the development site.
Bushfires—farm firewise program
(Question No 1801)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 4 December 2007:
(1) What information are landowners asked to disclose in order to assist the Farm Firewise program;
(2) What information is documented on properties;
(3) How is this information documented and what purpose does this information serve;
(4) What department or contractor is undertaking the collection of information for Farm Firewise.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Leaseholders provide information voluntarily when engaged in Farm FireWise. The information requested is on the Farm FireWise Risk Assessment Worksheet, a copy of which has been separately forwarded to the Secretariat.