Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 12 Hansard (22 November) . . Page.. 3808..
(3) I have had knowledge of the surveillance of staff at a Parks Depot since 3 October 2007, but did not approve the surveillance and had no knowledge of it prior to 3 October 2007.
(4) In accordance with the Public Sector Management Act, the Chief Executive is responsible for the administration and business of the agency. This includes matters such as misconduct, integrity, fraud and corruption. It is the responsibility of the Chief Executive to determine the way in which such matters are dealt with having regard to all the circumstances. The Chief Executive of TAMS has advised that he considered it appropriate and necessary to conduct surveillance in relation to recent allegations of inappropriate behaviour in his agency.
(5) Chief Executives will continue to have responsibility for the administration and business of an agency including dealing appropriately with matters such as misconduct, integrity, fraud and corruption.
Territory and Municipal Services, Department—staff surveillance
(Question No 1744)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 18 October 2007:
(1) Further to the private investigation and secret surveillance of staff at a Parks Depot within the Department of Territory and Municipal Services (TAMS), have any charges of a criminal nature been laid;
(2) Are the police investigating any matters arising from the surveillance;
(3) What departmental disciplinary action has been taken as a consequence of the investigation;
(4) How many TAMS staff are under departmental investigation and what is the nature of the alleged departmental or criminal offence?
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(3) The investigation is still ongoing and in accordance with the TAMS Certified Agreement.
(4) The investigation is still ongoing.
Public service—motor vehicles
(Question No 1746)
Dr Foskey asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 13 November 2007 (redirected to the Treasurer):