Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 11 Hansard (15 November) . . Page.. 3510..
(2) Housing ACT's Total Facility Manager, Spotless will undertake the audits.
(3) See answer to (1).
(4) A representative sample of properties will be audited in 2007-08.
(5) The audits will be one input, together with specialist advice, information already held on our portfolio, and costings of modifications, used to develop the priority for the program of water and energy efficiencies. There will be a total of 30 - 40 audits in 2007-08. At this stage no further audits are anticipated.
(6) The costs of the audits have not yet been determined.
(7) The information from individual audits and resulting evaluation work will be used to determine what energy efficiency works should be carried out across the entire Housing ACT portfolio.
(8) The ACT Government has identified $20M over 10 years for energy efficiency improvements in government housing.
Commissioner for the Environment
(Question No 1682)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for the Environment, Water and Climate Change, upon notice, on 25 September 2007:
(1) How much will the new Commissioner for the Environment be paid given that the job is now full-time with additional responsibilities;
(2) How many additional staff will support the Commissioner in this new role;
(3) What other additional resources will be provided to the Commissioner to tackle this extra workload;
(4) How will this enhancement of the role of Commissioner for the Environment be funded;
(5) How frequently will the Commissioner for the Environment be required to report and to whom;
(6) What legislative changes, if any, will occur as a consequence of the change.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Pending a review by the Remuneration Tribunal the Commissioner for the Environment will be remunerated at the level equivalent to a Senior Executive at the 2.5 Level.
(2) Additional staffing numbers have yet to be finally determined.
(3) & (4) Additional funding will be addressed through the normal budget process.