Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 9 Hansard (27 September) . . Page.. 2866..
(3) A total of 13 applications were received, from which 4 applicants were selected for interview. One applicant withdrew before interviews were conducted.
(5) The preferred applicant was selected on merit, judged against the advertised Selection Criteria and assessed in light of their written application, interview performance and referee reports.
(6) The successful applicant had been with the Supreme Court since 2001 as a Deputy Registrar and, on occasions, acting Registrar. The applicant has worked in the ACT courts system for over 10 years, as an associate to Master Alan Hogan, Magistrate John Burns and then Master Terry Connolly. After this time, the applicant was employed as a solicitor in the ACT Government Solicitor's Office before moving to the Supreme Court. She is a member of the ACT Bar Association, the ACT Law Society Civil Litigation Committee and Criminal committee, the ACT Law Courts' Senior Executive Group and the Joint Rules Advisory Committee.
(7-8) The reason given to the unsuccessful applicants was that the other applicants demonstrated stronger claims against the selection criteria.
In addition, the unsuccessful applicants were invited to contact the Chief Executive, ACT Department of Justice & Community Safety if they were interested in discussing the Selection Advisory Committee's assessment of their application or any other queries that they may have had concerning the selection for the position. Those that were unsuccessful at interview were invited to contact the Chief Executive to receive post-interview feedback.
ACT Corrective Services
(Question No 1668)
Mr Seselja asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 23 August 2007 (redirected to the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services):
(1) What is the total floor space, by site, of accommodation occupied by ACT Corrective Services;
(2) What leasing/tenancy arrangements apply to the accommodation identified in part (1);
(3) When will any leasing/tenancy arrangements expire at each of these sites.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows for the premises managed by Property Group:
(1) Eclipse House, levels ground, one and two, total floor space of 1,622m2 plus basement storage of 467m2.
(2) Privately leased building, current rental for the office component is $330.53m2 per annum plus GST and $137.30m2 per annum plus GST for the basement storage.
(3) The sub lease expires on 30 November 2016.