Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 9 Hansard (27 September) . . Page.. 2865..
Projected Sentenced Prisoners
Projected Remand Prisoners
Total Projected Prisoner Population
It has not been possible to do any meaningful projections of the number of women prisoners as historically the numbers have fluctuated between 3% and 12% of the total population. Planning for the Alexander Maconochie Centre has provided 10% of beds for women, assuming the historic trend would continue.
(3) A projected cost per prisoner per day is not possible until the final operating budget has been determined (refer Q1).
(Question No 1667)
Mr Seselja asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 23 August 2007:
(1) When was the position of Registrar in the ACT Supreme Court last advertised;
(2) What advertisements where placed and where;
(3) How many (a) applications were received in response to those advertisements and (b) applicants were interviewed;
(4) How many of the applicants interviewed for the position were assessed as suitable;
(5) On what basis was the preferred applicant selected;
(6) What is the experience, qualifications and employment history of the successful applicant;
(7) In relation to each of the applicants not interviewed, what were the specific reasons for deciding not to interview them;
(8) What provisions exist for applicants to access the reasons for their individual failure to be selected for the position.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1-2) The position was advertised in the ACT Government Gazette No.7, Thursday 22 February 2007, The Financial Review 23 February 2007 and The Canberra Times 24 February 2007.