Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 9 Hansard (27 September) . . Page.. 2839..
Answers to questions
(Question No 1622)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 21 August 2007:
(1) How many hawkers licences granted under the Hawkers Act 2003 are currently valid;
(2) In reference to the licence granted to Mr John Daley for the operation of the takeaway food van operating on London Circuit, do other food vans in the ACT also operate with a hawkers licence, for instance in the car park off Corinna Street and on Parramatta Street, Phillip.
(3) Do these two takeaway food vans operate under or incur any liabilities from the Land Act;
(4) Is the Minister able to say whether the food van on London Circuit, operated under a licence granted to Mr Daley, has any formal connection to the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union; if so, was any consideration given to this connection when issuing the licence.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 30 June 2007 there were 13 active hawker licences in the ACT.
(3) I am advised that the answer to this question is no.
(4) I am unaware of any connection.
(Question No 1623)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 21 August 2007(redirected to the Minister for the Environment, Water and Climate Change):
(1) What, if any, complaints has the ACT Environment Protection Authority received regarding noise from Toast nightclub;
(2) Is the Minister or the ACT Environment Protection Authority aware of any instances in which Toast nightclub has exceeded the ACT's environmental noise limits; if so, (a) when did each of these instances occur, (b) what was the legal noise limit at the relevant time and (c) by how much did the nightclub exceed this noise limits;
(3) What, if any, action has been taken over any such breaches;
(4) Has any special instruction ever been given to any personnel in the ACT Environment Protection Authority for dealing with noise complaints from the Waldorf Hotel; if so, (a) what instructions have been given and (b) who gave these instructions;