Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 8 Hansard (30 August) . . Page.. 2567..
(Question No 1635)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 21 August 2007 (redirected to the Minister for Planning):
(1) In relation to a sign entitled 'Gungahlin Suburbs Information Map' placed at the end of Horsepark Drive, which was due to have been completed in 2006, which is approximately five by four foot and in full colour, why does the sign depict an area that is still incomplete;
(2) Why was a sign placed in an area that essentially leads nowhere;
(3) Why is Horsepark Drive still incomplete when it was due to be completed by 2006;
(4) What was the cost of (a) the sign and (b) erecting the sign.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The 'Gungahlin Suburbs Information Map' has been erected at six separate sites throughout the Gungahlin area. Essentially the aim of the signs is to inform residents of the location and form of future residential areas in Gungahlin, as well as provide a reference map for tourists.
(2) The sign depicts existing suburbs as well as future development areas, and advises local residents of the intention to extend Horse Park Drive in association with future development.
(3) The section of Horse Park Drive between Ngunnawal and Amaroo was not programmed for completion in 2006. This may have been inferred from a contractor's sign for the construction of an earlier stage of Horse Park Drive.
(4) The cost of supply and erection of the sign was $729.
(Question No 1640)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Business and Economic Development, upon notice, on 22 August 2007:
(1) Is the Minister aware that diesel fuel is more expensive than unleaded petrol in Canberra;
(2) Is the Minister aware that this is not the case elsewhere;
(1) Can the Minister explain why this is the case;
(2) Does the Government have any plans to address this issue.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows: