Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 7 Hansard (23 August) . . Page.. 2134..
works is also required from the Commonwealth Department of the Environment and Water Resources.
Territory and Municipal Services has engaged a consultant to develop the planning documentation required to seek the necessary approvals for undertaking work on Cooleman Ridge. The current consultants are not engaged to undertake the proposed clearing activities.
(2) There is no helipad proposed for Cooleman Ridge.
(3) There is no helipad proposed for Cooleman Ridge.
(4) The community were informed through local media of two community consultation forums. These forums were aimed at detailing the proposed works and providing the community with an opportunity to raise concerns. Issues raised by the community and peak groups will inform the works approval and environmental approval documentation that will be submitted to the National Capital Authority and the Commonwealth Department of the Environment and Water Resources. Further opportunity for community comment will be available once the Development Application process has commenced.
(Question No 1614)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 5 June 2007:
How many single pensioners in the ACT over the age of 65 are currently (a) receiving payments for rental assistance for private accommodation and (b) living in government accommodation.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(a) Rent Assistance is an Australian Government program paid to individuals through Centrelink. Inquiries about the Rent Assistance program should be directed to the Australian Government.
(b) 1535 (does not include tenants in community properties managed by community organisations - this information is not available).
Health—medical treatment interstate
(Question No 1615)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 5 June 2007:
(1) How many ACT residents over the age of 65 have been required to travel interstate in order to obtain medical treatment in the last year;
(2) In how many of the cases referred to in part (1) was the patient's medical condition further aggravated by the travel.