Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 7 Hansard (23 August) . . Page.. 2128..
(1) ACTEW has advised that four officers and four staff hold corporate credit cards. From time to time other officers and staff may require a card for business activities. These are allocated as required.
(2) ACTEW has advised that there are no known or identified instances of inappropriate use of credit cards.
(3) Not applicable.
(Question No 1607)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 30 May 2007:
(1) How regularly does the board of ACTEW meet and where are these meetings held;
(2) How regularly are the shareholders briefed on issues related to the management of ACTEW and where do these briefings occur;
(3) How often are the shareholders meetings held and what is the venue.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Board schedules ten meetings per year, however additional meetings are held as and when required. Matters are also dealt with by way of out of session papers.
The meetings are usually held at the registered office of the company, that is Level 9 ActewAGL House, 221 London Circuit, Canberra. In 2005-06, nine meetings were held at this address and one meeting was held at the Lower Molonglo Water Quality Control Centre.
In 2006-07, thirteen meetings have been held to date, ten at the registered office of the company, one at the Googong Water Treatment Plant, one in Sydney and one at TransACT House.
(2) Significant decisions are reported to the portfolio Minister and shareholders after each Board Meeting. ACTEW reports matters of policy consequence in accordance with its obligations under the Territory Owned Corporations Act 1990. Additional briefings also take place on an as-needed basis. To the knowledge of the Chairman, under successive Governments, all such briefings have been in Canberra.
(3) The annual general meeting of the company is held each year usually in September. The meetings are held at the registered office of the company.
Clean Up Australia
(Question No 1608)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Environment, Water and Climate Change, upon notice, on 30 May 2007: