Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 1677..
(d) $235K for the project to refurbish the Imaging Department Reception area at The Canberra Hospital.
(e) $1.756m for the project to complete a new Sterilising Facility at Calvary Hospital.
(4) It is anticipated that $600k will be rolled over into the 2007-08 program for the project to upgrade fire systems at The Canberra Hospital. All other projects are expected to be physically complete as at 30 June 2007 with final payment subject to the receipt of invoices.
(5) It is expected that all funds will be expended against these projects.
ACT Health—capital works
(Question No 1595)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 May 2007:
(1) In relation to the program of new capital works for ACT Health, was the (a) Sub/Non Acute Inpatient Services facility and (b) the Plant and Building Upgrade project at Calvary Hospital completed on time and on budget;
(2) If there have been any delays with these projects, what was the reason for these delays;
(3) If spending on these projects was not in accord with the budget, (a) what was the variation from budget and (b) why did this variation occur.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) The Sub/Non Acute Inpatient Services facility is physically complete and is expected to be financially complete and within budget once the final contractor invoices are received.
(b) The Plant and Building Upgrade project at Calvary Hospital is both physically complete and financially complete to budget.
(2) The Plant and Building Upgrade project at Calvary Hospital is complete and was finished one month later than anticipated due to a delay in obtaining electrical switchboards. The Sub/Non Acute Inpatient Services facility was occupied 3 months later than scheduled. This delay was caused by the inability to secure trade subcontractors and the general skills shortage caused by the over heated construction market in the Canberra region.
(3) (a) There is no expectation of a variation to the Sub/Non Acute Inpatient Services facility.
(b) There has not been any variation from budget for the Plant and Building Upgrade project at Calvary Hospital.