Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 1675..
is made available to ACT Health for capital upgrades on an annual basis for minor new works. The projects for each year's Capital Upgrades Program are determined by ACT Health each year based on service needs and known replacement / refurbishment based on assessment of the condition of the facilities.
(2) (a) The Extra Car Parking project now has an expected completion date of September 2007.
(b) The proposed Linear Accelerator Procurement and Replacement project is currently on schedule for full implementation of June 2010, with the third linear Accelerator due to be operational by June 2008.
(c) The four new departmental projects that are identified as Capital Upgrades are on schedule to be physically complete by June 2007.
(3) (a) There have been delays to starting two of the projects. The Extra Car Parking project has been delayed to a starting date of mid June 2007. This was due to a longer than planned design and planning process. The proposed Linear Accelerator Procurement and Replacement project construction start has been delayed until June 2007 due to a delay in appointing a project manger after finalisation of detailed design documentation, with the procurement of the equipment on schedule.
(b) The Extra Car Parking project is now expected for physical completion in September 2007, which means that additional car parking spaces will not be available till then. There will be no change to the expected completion of the proposed Linear Accelerator Procurement and Replacement project as the delayed start will be picked up across the duration of the project.
(4) The latest reconciled financial figures as at 30 April 2007 are:
(a) $114K for the proposed Extra Car Parking project.
(b) $429K for the proposed Linear Accelerator Procurement and Replacement project.
(c) $77K for the four new departmental projects that are identified as Capital Upgrades.
These are cash payment records and don't necessarily accord with the status of the physical work or progress;
(5) It is expected that $550k for the Extra Car Parking project and $5.170m for the Linear Accelerator Procurement and Replacement project will be rolled over into the 2007-08 program. All other projects are expected to be physically complete as at 30 June 2007 with payment dependent on the timing of invoices from the contractors through Procurement Solutions.
(6) It is not expected that there will be unspent funds from theses projects.
ACT Health—capital works
(Question No 1594)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 May 2007: