Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 1666..
(3) Was the Minister's department aware that Mr Brown and Professor Hyndman had a long-standing professional relationship at the time of Professor Hyndman's appointment as head of the investigation into the BSSS's conduct;
(4) How is the BSSS Chairperson chosen;
(6) Is the Minister for Education and Training responsible for appointing or approving the appointment of the BSSS Chairperson;
(7) Why was control of the UAI review given to the BSSS when it was this organisation's own processes which had been questioned;
(8) Why was the BSSS allowed to chose its own consultant to undertake this review;
(9) Will the Department of Education and Training be conducting an investigation into the validity and independence of Professor Hyndman's report in light of his documented links to the BSSS and its Chairman.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Chair and Executive Officer of the Board of Senior Secondary Studies.
(3) Professional relationships are a matter for the individuals involved. Professor Brown was not a member of the Board nor involved in the appointment of Professor Hyndman.
(4) The Chair of the Board is appointed by the Minister following agreement by Cabinet and consideration by the Standing Committee on Education, Training and Young People.
(7) It is the responsible statutory authority.
(8) The BSSS was asked to commission an independent review or assessment, by a person with appropriate measurement expertise.
Department of Territory and Municipal Services—mowing contractors
(Question No 1574)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 3 May 2007:
(1) How many contractors have been engaged by the Department of Territory and Municipal Services to undertake mowing duties across the Territory since June 2006;
(2) What are the details of the contracts outlined in part (1), including (a) duration of contracts, (b) individual value of contracts and (c) total cost expended on each contract.