Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 1658..
(Question No 1553)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 1 May 2007:
(1) How many pre paid parking tickets were purchased each year from 2000 to 2006;
(2) What loss in revenue has been identified as a result of selling discounted pre paid parking vouchers for each year for 2000 to 2006.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Figures are not available prior to June 2003 due to the introduction of a new computer system.
June to 31 December 2003 = 13,907
2004 = 28,740
2005 = 28,732
2006 = 26,869
(2) None has been identified.
Heritage places—budget cuts
(Question No 1558)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Arts, upon notice, on 1 May 2007:
(1) In relation to the response to question on notice No 1509 regarding the impact of budget cuts on 'Other Matters' at Mugga Mugga Cottage, Lanyon and Calthorpes' House, which public programs have been affected;
(2) What reductions have been made to these public programs;
(3) Do these reductions include the full redundancy of any programs;
(4) What reductions have been made in the marketing of these sites;
(5) What consultative process was engaged to determine where cuts would be made;
(6) Does the Government plan to introduce some other form of local history program to replace the programs cut from these heritage sites, given the vital role these play in educating Canberrans about their past.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The following public programs have been affected in 2006-07: Film Nights (Lanyon); "Buckets and Tubs"(Calthorpes' House); and Autumn Jazz Party (Calthorpes' House). In certain cases a decision not to proceed with a program reflects not only financial considerations but also the impact on the historic sites of proceeding with the program. For example, in the case of the Autumn Jazz Party, the decision to cancel