Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 5 Hansard (31 May) . . Page.. 1365..
Answers to questions
(Question No 1481)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 28 February 2007:
(1) What legislation and/or regulations does the ACT Government have in regards to the level of decibels that can be emitted from audio systems in vehicles;
(2) In what manner is this legislation and/or regulations policed.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Environment Protection Act 1997 and the Environment Protection Regulation 2005 apply to noise emitted from vehicles other than those driven on a road or road related area, except in limited circumstances, such as speed trials (see section 8 of the Act). The applicable noise standards, which vary depending on the area of the ACT affected by the noise are set out in Schedule 2 of the Regulation. Section 394 of the Crimes Act 1900 can potentially apply to noise emitted from vehicles whilst they are driven on roads. That section does not prescribe decibel levels.
(2) The Environment Protection Act 1997 and its attendant Regulation is enforced by officers authorised under that Act. Enforcement of the Crimes Act 1900 is a matter for ACT Policing.
(Question No 1498)
Dr Foskey asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 28 February 2007:
Has the ACT Government commissioned a study on the likely impacts of climate change on the ACT economy.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The ACT Government has not commissioned or undertaken a study on the impact of climate change on the ACT economy.
Youth worker in schools program
(Question No 1510)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 28 February 2007:
(1) Will the Youth Worker in Schools program trial be evaluated when it finishes in June;
(2) Will the evaluation be made public;