Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 4 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 997..
a. The decision was made in consultation with the events major sponsor, ACTTAB, who fully fund the event, and local and interstate entertainment booking agents.
b. In consultation with a local booking agent and by consulting the ACT Government Performers' Database.
c. Negotiation is carried out by the entertainment booking agents.
The Special Events unit has a policy of supporting local artists at Celebrate in the Park through providing the opportunity for local artists to perform on Stage 88 with major Australian performers.
There is no policy on the proportion of the budget spent on local entertainment or what proportion of the program is provided by local musicians.
Local musicians are paid commensurate with accepted rates in the sector which is in line with the ArtsACT guidelines on artists' fees (ArtsACT Fund Information Booklet) and in addition are provided with professional sound and lighting services, dressing rooms and refreshments.
Business-credit card breaches
(Question No 1475)
Dr Foskey asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 28 February 2007:
(1) How many breach reports has the Office of Fair Trading received in regards to the Credit Card Code in (a) 2005, (b) 2006 and (c) 2007 to date;
(2) What steps are taken in response to a breach report;
(3) Can any relevant statistics be provided regarding the Office's response to breaches, for example, actioned or not actioned, for (a) 2005, (b) 2006 and (c) 2007 to date.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Breaches of Section 28A of the Fair Trading Act 1992 reported to the Office of Fair Trading for (a) 2005 - Nil (b) 2006 - One (c) 2007 - Two.
(2) The matters that have been brought to the attention of the Office of Fair Trading have either come from the Consumer Law Centre (which is part of Care Financial Counselling Service) or reports of the Banking Industry Ombudsman. The matters are reviewed to determine, having regard to any other action that has been taken in response to alleged breach/s, or is proposed to be taken either by the credit provider or