Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 4 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 1047..
Totals for RFS OPS1 Talk Group (TG) over the period specified is 846 calls. Totals for all RFS TGs over the period specified is 1040 calls. Total talk time is 3 Hrs 12 Mins 48Secs, an average duration of 8.94 seconds per call.
It should be noted that when responding to fires in the BAZ where other ESA units are also responding Comcen would normally direct all units including RFS to an ESA TG. The data for these TGs is 6,938 calls with a total talk time of 35 Hrs 30 Mins 40 Secs.
(b) It is not possible to decompose data down to the category of topics discussed.
(2) (a) The most dominant TRN site is Black Mt. Activations from 1 Nov 2006 to 1 March 2007 were 194,030 well ahead of any other site.
(b) Again as VHF has no traffic or performance capture capability, no determination can be made.
Motor vehicles-defect notices
(Question No 1536)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 13 March 2007:
(1) How many sworn ACT Policing officers are dedicated to the "Operation Globin"team which commenced on 8 February 2007;
(2) How many vehicles have been (a) seized so far and (b) impounded due to burn out offences;
(3) How many (a) defect notices have been issued to vehicles, (b) burnouts have been recorded, (c) arrests have been made so far, (d) warnings have been issued, (e) repeat offenders have been caught and (f) on the spot fines have been issued in relation to burnout offences.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Two sworn members are dedicated to duties associated with Operation Globin.
(2) Five vehicles have been impounded. Two vehicles have subsequently been returned upon issuance of Traffic Infringement Notices.
(3) (a) One;
(b) This question is ambiguous and it is not possible to provide an answer;