Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 4 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 1043..
Emergency Services Agency-buildings
(Question No 1530)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 13 March 2007:
(1) How many of the buildings currently being leased by the Emergency Services Agency (ESA) at Fairbairn are (a) currently occupied and (b) partly occupied;
(2) Of the buildings partly occupied as outlined in part (1)(b), what percentage of ESA personnel does that equate to;
(3) When will other emergency services units other than the Rural Fire Service relocate to Fairbairn;
(4) When will the other emergency service units as outlined in part (3) be fully relocated;
(5) Will there be any units or elements of the ESA remaining at (a) Curtin and (b) Fyshwick in 2007 that are not moving to Fairbairn;
(6) How many ESA personnel were located at 12 Mort Street, Canberra City during November 2006;
(7) Are the personnel that were located at Mort Street in November 2006, still working as part of the ESA; if not, when did they cease working for the ESA.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As stated in the answer to QON1023, leases for Fairbairn are between the Territory and the Capital Airport Group, not ESA.
(a) One, the Air Support Operations Centre which also houses the ACT Rural Fire Service.
(2) Not applicable.
(3) Detailed planning for Fairbairn is still underway.
(4) See the answer to question 3 above.
(5) (a) There are no plans to retain any ESA staff at Curtin.
(b) The building previously leased in Canberra Avenue Fyshwick was vacated by ESA in late 2006 and those staff relocated to Curtin. The Ambulance and Fire Brigade units located at the Fyshwick Fire and Ambulance station will remain at Fyshwick.
(6) There are no ESA personnel or personnel of any ACT agency at 12 Mort Street Canberra. The Department of Justice and Community Safety has staff at 12 Moore Street Canberra. There were 2 ESA Personnel located at 12 Moore Street during November 2006.