Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 4 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 1041..
Police participated in a police parade on the Saturday and Sunday of the show, and provided approximately eight members for an hour for each parade.
One Traffic member participated in an event on Sunday at 1.30pm for approximately half an hour. This included the member demonstrating the use of the laser speed detector as part of the event. Another Traffic member participated in the "Ride and Drive"event on Saturday evening for approximately half an hour, demonstrating safe driving skills.
Further police resources from across ACT Policing were dedicated to patrolling the Show in the form of 1 Sergeant and 5 Constables for day shifts (8.00am - 4.00pm) and 1 Sergeant and 7 Constables for afternoon shifts (3.00pm - 11.00pm).
Additionally 2 Traffic Operations members monitored and responded to traffic conditions throughout the event.
(Question No 1528)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 7 March 2007:
(1) How many complaints were recorded as being received relating to damage and/or blockages in stormwater drains in the ACT due to the spate of severe storms occurring in late 2006 and early 2007;
(2) Of the complaints outlined in part (1), how many (a) have been and (b) are still waiting to be repaired and/or cleared;
(3) Is there a program in place to monitor the maintenance and upgrade of storm water drains in the ACT; if so, (a) what is the budget for this project for the 2006-2007 financial year and (b) what are the details of this program, including the number of stormwater drains in need of maintenance and/or upgrade.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) My Department has received 192 complaints about blocked or damaged drains resulting from the December 2006 / February 2007 storms. In addition our stormwater contractor, ACTEW AGL has received 720 calls in January 2007 about blockages or flooding.
(2) Calls are continuing to be received with new issues that have arisen from the December 2006 / February 2007 storms.
In January and February 2007 the stormwater contractor, ACTEW AGL has satisfactorily resolved excess of 95% of all flooding / blockage calls within 15 days of receiving the complaint.
(3) The 2006/7 budget for stormwater maintenance is $3,500,000. The program includes an inspection program of stormwater networks, routine cleaning maintenance works and structural maintenance works. All assets in the stormwater network require maintenance to ensure that they are working at capacity.