Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 4 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 1015..
(6) The Department recruited 669 staff (including casual registrations) between 1 July 2006 and 28 February 2007. Information on retention rates for these individuals is not available.
(7) As data is not collected centrally, it is not possible to provide the mean average and median numbers of extra hours per week that staff in the Department have had to work since May 2006.
(8) The cost payment for overtime performed by administrative officers (not teaching staff) since May 2006 is approximately $468,000.
(9) Sick leave for the period since May 2006 is recorded as personal leave. Personal leave also includes carer's leave, compassionate leave and leave in special circumstances as provided in the Public Sector Management Standards. At this point in time, the human resources system, Chris21, is unable to separate sick leave data.
(10) Sick leave for the year leading up to May 2006 is recorded as personal leave. Personal leave also includes carer's leave, compassionate leave and leave in special circumstances as provided in the Public Sector Management Standards. At this point in time, the human resources system, Chris21, is unable to separate sick leave data.
(Question No 1488)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 28 February 2007:
(1) Why was the Narrabundah School community not told that becoming a P-3 school was an option being considered in the 2020 Plan;
(2) On what grounds can the Minister say the community was consulted when it was not told that this was one of the options;
(3) What evidence can he give the community that the submission on making the school an Indigenous Education Centre of Excellence was read and given proper consideration;
(4) As it was not mentioned in the Consultation Report, could the Minister provide the Department's and the Government's reasons for
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Two options for Narrabundah Primary School were presented as part of the Towards 2020 proposal. One of these, which was consulted on, was for a P-3 early childhood school.
(2) Refer to (1) above.
(3) All submissions received as part of the Towards 2020 consultation process were read and carefully considered by the Department, my Cabinet colleagues and myself, prior to making the decision.