Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 1 Hansard (28 February) . . Page.. 127..
Answers to questions
Flora and Fauna Committee
(Question No 1406)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 21 November 2006:
(1) How many vacancies are currently on the Flora and Fauna Committee;
(2) How long have these vacancies existed;
(3) Why are these vacancies yet to be filled;
(4) When are these vacancies expected to be filled;
(5) How often does this Committee meet and what are the dates of its last three meetings.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) One vacancy has existed since September 2004 when six members were appointed to the FFC. Two members resigned last year.
(3) The Flora and Fauna Committee is multidisciplinary, including experts on mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, aquatic environments, vegetation, ecological communication and threatening processes. It is crucial to ensure that each member's expertise complements rather than duplicates another's expertise.
(4) The proposed appointments to the vacancies are currently with the Standing Committee on Planning and Environment for comment.
(5) The frequency of meetings varies. The last three meetings were held on 1 December 2005, 22 June 2006 and 3 January 2007.
(Question No 1411a)
Mr Berry asked the Deputy Chief Minister, upon notice, on 23 November 2006 (redirected to the Minister for Disability and Community Services):
In relation to consultants, contractors and labour hire firms for the financial year 2005-2006, could the Minister provide for each portfolio they are responsible for the (a) number of contracts, (b) number of consultants, (c) number of contractors, (d) number of labour hire firms, (e) number of contracts containing labour hire component, (f) number of contracts with no labour hire component, (g) types of services provided, (h) number of contracts needing extension after 2006, (i) numbers of each type of contract used, for example, standard, schedule of fees, quote/lump sum, invoice and other, (j) number of services outsourced (i) whole, (ii) in part or (iii) unidentified, (k) number of contracts directing appropriate award usage, (l) number of contracts where there is subcontracting