Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 12 Hansard (23 November) . . Page.. 3921..
(2) The objective is largely being delivered through:
Public service—pre-tendered consultative process
(Question No 1258)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Business and Economic Development, upon notice, on 20 September 2006:
(1) In relation to Action 9 in the Economic White Paper, has a new pre-tendered consultative process been developed and implemented;
(2) What has been the response from local industry to this new process;
(3) Has any evaluation been undertaken of the new process to determine whether local industry has had a fair opportunity to compete for ACT Government tenders.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes. Following consultation with peak industry bodies and relevant Government agencies, the Government Procurement Board revised its procurement planning requirements and issued a circular in December 2004 to give effect to the pre-tender consultation requirements of the Economic White Paper.
The new circular was published on the basis website and ACT Procurement Solutions conducted information sessions to explain the process to agencies and industry.
(2) Local industry has been fully supportive of the initiative and feedback to date has also been positive. Information provided by industry through individual PTC processes have influenced agency specifications and procurement strategies, and helped deliver better value-for-money outcomes for Government.
(3) In 2005, the Territory established a Procurement Consultative Committee to, among other things, enhance dialogue between government and industry. The Committee comprises representatives from major peak industry bodies, unions and agencies. The Committee is well aware of the PTC process and is fully supportive of its aims.