Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 9 Hansard (21 September) . . Page.. 3085..
Public service—staffing requirements
(Question No 1173)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 15 August 2006:
(1) Has the Minister decided on his staffing budget for the 2006-07 financial year; if not, when will the Minister decide his staffing requirements for 2006-07;
(2) How many staff will be transferring to the Shared Services Centre from Sport and Recreation;
(3) How many positions will Sport and Recreation lose as a result of the 2006-07 budget.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As advised at the Estimates Hearings on 23 June 2006, the Department of Territory and Municipal Services is embarking on a significant organisational review.
One major project involves critically examining the structure of Sport and Recreation functions. The outcomes of this project will be known at the end of September, with staffing and budgetary arrangements finalised at this stage.
(3) See 1.
Parkwood Recovery Estate
(Question No 1175)
Mr Berry asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 16 August 2006:
(1) What valuations have been conducted in relation to the Parkwood Recovery Estate before January 2006;
(2) What were the outcomes of the valuations, by block.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Valuations were provided by the Australian Valuation Office on 1 December 1999, 21 November 2001, 4 December 2003 and 2 June 2004. Valuation advice was received from Herron Todd White on 22 December 2004.
(2) Nil - Valuations before January 2006 were based on a square metre rate per annum rather than by block.