Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 7 Hansard (17 August) . . Page.. 2408..
(Question No 1165)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 8 June 2006:
(1) What was the cost of the full page advertisement about the 2006-07 budget on page 13 of The Canberra Times of Wednesday, 7 June 2006;
(2) Given that the Government has presented a budget designed to save money, why is money being spent on advertisements for the budget.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) It is important that governments take the extra step to communicate with the people they represent. This was the most significant budget that has been delivered in the territory in the last 16 years and contains significant initiatives and changes in the delivery of government services in the territory.
(Question No 1166)
Mr Smyth asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 8 June 2006 (redirected to the Minister for Health):
(1) Following an article in The Canberra Times on Tuesday, 6 June about drug education, how much is the Government spending on delivering drug education programs to ACT schools and the community;
(2) Where are these education programs being delivered in the community and at which ACT schools;
(3) What are the key topic focuses in the drug education programs;
(4) How many Canberrans have been admitted to an ACT hospital because of a drug related incident in (a) 2001-02, (b) 2002-03, (c) 2003-04, (d) 2004-05 and 2005-06 to date;
(5) How many deaths have occurred in the ACT because of a drug related incident to date in (a) 2001-02, (b) 2002-03, (c) 2003-04, (d) 2004-05 and 2005-06 to date.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Government funded the following drug education initiatives in schools and the community in 2005/2006: