Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2049..
(1) What process was followed in filling the position of Assistant Commissioner (Emergency Management);
(2) How many applicants were there for the position of Assistant Commissioner (Emergency Management);
(3) Who was on the panel that conducted the recruitment process for the position of Assistant Commissioner (Emergency Management);
(4) Did any members of the panel note a potential conflict of interest during the recruitment process;
(5) Who was the delegate that gave final approval for the appointment of the Assistant Commissioner (Emergency Management).
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The position of Director, Operational Support (which was later changed to Assistant Commissioner, Emergency Management) was advertised in the Weekend Australian, The Canberra Times, The Herald, and on the "Seek"website on Saturday 22 May, 2004.
(3) Mr Peter Dunn AO, Commissioner Designate, ACT Emergency Services Authority; Mr David Prince, Chief Officer, ACT Fire Brigade; Mr Ken Paulsen, Chief Officer, ACT Ambulance Service; and Mr Terry Fewtrell, Yellow Edge Performance Architects.
(5) Mr Peter Dunn AO, Commissioner Designate, ACT Emergency Services Authority.
Emergency Services Authority-addresses database
(Question No 1073)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
(1) Further to an article on page 26 of the Courier Mail of Thursday, 27 April 2006 entitled "A matter of life and death - Loophole delays emergency services", are all roads and addresses in the ACT registered on Government databases in order that emergency service vehicles have full records and access through their computer-aided dispatch system; if not, why not;
(2) Does the Emergency Services Authority have road information on all gated or secure housing facilities such as those residential complexes that are privately accessed estates and do not have named internal roads within the complexes; if not; why not;
(3) If the ACT Government does not have a database that includes all roads and addresses within the ACT including gated or secure housing facilities, how can emergency services respond effectively when they do not have complete information available regarding physical addresses in the ACT;