Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 3 Hansard (30 March) . . Page.. 942..
a one basic sports unit; Crace - one basic sports unit; Franklin - exploring the opportunities for one basic sports unit; and Jacka - three basic sports units.
In addition, the Territory Plan identifies one enclosed oval for the Gungahlin Town Centre and district level playing fields as well as a neighbourhood oval for Taylor. Concept planning has yet to be undertaken to confirm this provision.
Draft Variation to the Territory Plan No. 231 (East Gungahlin - Suburbs of Kenny and Throsby and Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve) also identifies the provision of future playing fields. Throsby is identified as containing a district level playing facility and a neighbourhood oval in Kenny. Concept planning is yet to be undertaken to confirm the provisions for these suburbs.
The provision of new playing fields is subject to detailed design, capital works funding, and will be timed to be associated with the release of the suburb, consistent with the Metropolitan Development Sequence over the next 20 years.
In the case of Harrison, a development application has been lodged with the Authority for two basic sports units and one neighbourhood oval. Construction is subject to a successful 2006/07 capital works bid.
(Question No 889)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 15 February 2006:
(1) Has the Land Development Authority's (LDA) real estate agent had a role in the (a) pricing of land, (b) appraising of land and/or (c) valuing of land for sale as a result of the sale of land at Wells' Station, Gungahlin;
(2) What mechanisms does the LDA have in place to ensure its agent is acting in a fair and proper manner with regard to the sale of land for sale at Wells' Station;
(3) What land, if any, have the principals or employees of LDA's real estate agent purchased or acquired an interest in at Wells' Station.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) No. Land values are determined by LDA obtaining valuations from independent registered valuers.
(b) The real estate agent has offered an opinion on market conditions but is not involved in pricing.
(c) See (1) (a).
(2) Pricing and management of sales is undertaken by LDA staff, including exchange of contracts and settlement. The agent assisted with marketing and customer services.
(3) LDA is aware that employees of the real estate agent have purchased some land at Wells Station. However these purchases have occurred under the same conditions and prices offered to the general public.