Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 15 Hansard (15 December) . . Page.. 4979..
(3) As the project was only physically completed in late November 2005 financial completion is yet to be resolved. The end of project financial estimates indicate that the remaining $221,000 is to be fully expended.
Development-Burnie Court site
(Question No 739)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
(1) Given that it has been reported that a sewerage problem was in the process of being rectified in the vicinity of the Freycinet building at the old Burnie Court site in Lyons as at 9 November 2005, and that in a letter to me dated 7 October 2005 the Minister advised that his Department had investigated the site and had not located a sewerage leak or problem, when was the sewerage problem that was in the process of being rectified on 9 November 2005 (a) identified and (b) repaired;
(2) Has this problem caused any problems for residents or prevented or delayed new residents from moving into the complex; if so, (a) what was the nature of the problem, (b) how long were residents inconvenienced by this problem and (c) when will/have they been able to reside fully in this complex without this sewerage problem;
(3) What was the cost of repairs for this sewerage problem;
(4) Has the problem been fully rectified or is there likely to be ongoing problems with sewerage in this area.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The sewer services have been passed by the BEPCON plumbing inspectors. No problem has been identified on inspection.
(3) See (1) above.
(4) See (1) above.
(Question No 740)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
(1) Further to a letter to the editor in The Canberra Times on 20 October 2005 entitled "Blinded by the light", have glass panels been installed at various points along Fairbairn Avenue; if so, why;
(2) Why were these glass panels installed when they blind motorists due to the reflection that is directed back towards the road at certain times throughout the day;