Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 15 Hansard (15 December) . . Page.. 4976..
(2) The answer to question (1) relates to all costs incurred in relation to the Miles Inquiry, including the costs of any associated actions. The costs of associated actions are not recorded separately.
(3) Expenditure was incurred as follows:
(Question No 698)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 18 October 2005:
(1) What is the intent and scope of the Tenancy Review Committee;
(2) Why will the Committee, if constructed completely of Housing and Community Services staff, be given the ultimate authority to decide whether or not a tenancy matter should be referred to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Tenancy Review Committee (TRC) is a final internal review mechanism prior to the referral of tenancy matters to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal.
The TRC reviews cases identified for referral to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal due to rental arrears and other issues associated with compliance with the Residential Tenancy Agreement to assist public housing tenants to sustain their tenancies.
(2) The TRC advises the Executive Director of Housing and Community Services, who as the delegate for the Commissioner for Housing, approves referrals to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal. Tenants, as a party to the Residential Tenancy Agreement, are also entitled to have matters listed for consideration by the Residential Tenancies Tribunal.
(Question No 732)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
(1) Given that the Minister's response to question on notice No 527 stated that the dragway project would be completed within 12 months of the Government receiving required approvals, why has the Minister shifted the goal posts in regards to completion of this project given his pre-election commitment was that it would be completed within 18 months of the election;