Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 13 Hansard (17 November) . . Page.. 4371..
(Question No 677)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 18 October 2005:
(1) How many prisoners from the ACT were serving sentences of (a) less than three years and (b) three years or more, as at 30 September 2005;
(2) How many people serving a prison sentence voted during the 2004 ACT elections.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 30 September 2005, the number of ACT prisoners serving a sentence of less than three years was 63. The number of ACT prisoners serving a sentence of three years or more was 61.
(2) None of the people serving a prison sentence voted during the 2004 ACT elections.
Fairbairn Park lease
(Question No 680)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 18 October 2005:
(1) Why has the ACT Motorsport Council still not been given a lease for Fairbairn Park that was promised to them almost 12 months ago;
(2) When will the ACT Motorsport Council receive the lease and what has been the delay in delivering the lease.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Planning and Land Authority is yet to offer the lease.
(2) I understand that the lease will be offered to the Motor Sports Council when the Government Solicitors Office has finalised the drafting of a Deed that will accompany the lease, which specifically refers to the Council's obligations regarding preparation of a Preliminary Assessment and Development Application for previous unapproved works undertaken at the site.
(Question No 681)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 18 October 2005:
(1) In relation to ACTTAB, why was Sue Baker-Finch's contract not renewed;