Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 13 Hansard (17 November) . . Page.. 4365..
(Question No 647)
DR FOSKEY asked the Minister for Children, Youth and Family Support, upon notice, on 21 September 2005:
(1) Can a copy of the Minister's Youth Council 2005-06 work plan be provided;
(2) How many members make up the Youth Council;
(3) What are the responsibilities of the Youth Council members;
(4) On what dates has the Youth Council met so far in 2005;
(5) What work has the Council predominately undertaken since January 2005;
(6) What formal advice has the Council provided to the Minister for Children, Youth and Family Support since January 2005;
(7) What was the ACT Government's response to the advice given.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A new Minister's Youth Council was formed from existing and new members on 19 July 2005, therefore a new work plan needed to be developed. The Council is in the process of finalising their new work plan for 2005-06, and a copy will be provided to Dr Foskey out of session.
(2) There are currently 15 members on the Youth Council.
(3) The roles and responsibilities of Council members as stated in their Terms of Reference are as follows:
(4) Since January 2005, both the former and new Councils have met formally five times on 21 February, 5 July, 2 August, 6 September and 20 September.
(5) The former Council's work included taking a lead role in the organisation of the Australian Day 'Park Live 05 - Loud and Local' event and the Youth InterACT Conference 'SHOUT'. The Council provided advice on the ACT Youth Policy Group, Youth Week and Young Canberra Citizen of the Year, Youth Interact Grants and Scholarships.
(6) The Council advised the Minister regarding applicants for the April round of InterACT Grants and Scholarships.