Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4060..
Approximately 25% of dogs that enter the DAS Shelter carry some form of identification at the time of impoundment.
It should be noted that all dogs that leave the shelter to either their original owner or a new home, and are residing within the ACT, are required to be registered before leaving the shelter.
(3) As above
(4) DAS promotes responsible dog ownership through:
Motor vehicles—random inspections
(Question No 656)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 21 September 2005:
(1) How many vehicles were randomly inspected in the ACT during (a) 2001-02, (b) 2002-03, (c) 2003-04, (d) 2004-05 and (e) 2005-06;
(2) How many vehicles referred to in part (1) failed inspection;
(3) What penalties were imposed upon vehicles owners whose vehicles failed inspection;
(4) How often have random inspection stations been set up at various locations throughout the ACT and what are their locations for each of the years in part (1).
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The annual target for random vehicle inspections is 50,000. The following numbers were conducted.