Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4034..
(2-5) Remuneration and/or payment processes for speakers and performers are worked out with organisers and are not matters for the ACT Government.
Arts and letters—festival funding
(Question No 609)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Arts, Heritage and Indigenous Affairs, upon notice, on 21 September 2005:
(1) Have applications for Festivals Fund grants been decided or allocated for the 2005-06 financial year; if so, which organisations received Festivals Fund grants; if not, when do submissions open and close and when will recipients be announced;
(2) What is the total pool of funding available in 2005-06 for Festivals Fund grants and how does this figure compare to the amount available in (a) 2004-05 and (b) 2003-04;
(3) Which organisations received Festivals Fund grants in 2004-05.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The 2006 round of the ACT Festival Fund closed on 11 July 2005 and successful and unsuccessful applicants were notified of the outcome on 19 September 2005. A list of successful applicants is attached.
(2) The Government has allocated $250,000 in the 2005-06 Budget for the Festival Fund. Of this budget a total of $220,000 was allocated for the 2006 funding round. The remaining funds represent:
The Festival Fund budget allocation for the 2003-04 and the 2004-05 financial years was equivalent to that for the 2005-06 budget above.
(3) A list of Festival Fund grant recipients for the 2005 round is attached.
Academy of Interactive Entertainment
To assist with costs associated with presenting the Canberra Games Festival in 2006.
ACT Writers Centre
To assist with costs associated with presenting a Readers and Writers Festival in 2006.
Belconnen Community Service
To assist with costs associated with presenting the Belconnen Festival in 2006