Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4033..
(2) What has been the total cost of these additional hours to Government to date;
(3) Has the expense to date been within budget; if not, why not, and where is any additional funding coming from;
(4) Will the increased preschool hours be an ongoing scheme; if not, why not;
(5) Does the Government have any plans to increase preschool hours for (a) four years olds any further and (b) other aged preschoolers; if so, what plans are in place; if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) $87 500.
(5) As yet there are no plans to further increase the hours for four year olds or for other aged preschoolers. As this is a recent initiative, it will be monitored to see if it is meeting the needs of the ACT Community.
(Question No 606)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Arts, Heritage and Indigenous Affairs, upon notice, on 21 September 2005:
(1) What are the processes and procedures for the selection of Ngunnawal people to conduct 'Welcome to Country' ceremonies in the ACT;
(2) On the matter of equity, how is remuneration calculated in payment of duties performed for Aboriginal speakers and performers at events as opposed to non-Aboriginal people and from which Departments are these payments made;
(3) Is the payment automatically made once a booking is confirmed even if the nominated person fails to present him or herself for duty at the event;
(4) Is payment still made if that person, who may be unable to attend for whatever reason, sends a relative in their place;
(5) Is there a recommended scale of fees for Aboriginal people performing 'Welcoming Ceremonies'; if so, will the Minister provided this information; if not, why not.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Individuals and organisations negotiate their own arrangements in relation to "Welcome to Country"ceremonies.