Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (20 October) . . Page.. 4025..
from the public, other licensees and the AFP. For the 2004/05 financial year 406 inspections of licensed premises were made. The target for 2005/06 is 500 inspections.
(2) I met with the Australian Hotels Association on 11 August 2005. As a result of that meeting I have asked Department of Justice and Community Safety officials for advice on the constitution of a review committee. I understand stakeholders are presently being consulted regarding constitution of the committee. The issue of a restricted scheme will be considered by that committee. I am advised the first meeting is likely to take place in December this year.
(3) During each inspection, Liquor Licensing Inspectors ensure compliance with the Liquor Act 1975 regarding serving intoxicated persons, minors in bar-rooms and many other requirements.
(4) There is no infringement notice offence for supplying alcohol to an intoxicated person. The last formal action taken against a liquor licensee for serving an intoxicated person occurred in March 2004. That resulted in a suspension of the liquor licence for 14 days.
(5) See the answer to question 4.
Sport and recreation—strategy
(Question No 593)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 20 September 2005:
(1) When was the ACT Recreation Strategy finalised;
(2) Does this strategy set goals and targets for recreational activity and facilities in Canberra; if so, what are they and in what timeframe will they be met; if not, why not;
(3) Where may copies of the Recreation Strategy be obtained.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Recreation Strategy is due to be finalised by 30 June 2006.
(2) The terms of reference for the Strategy are at Attachment one. The outcomes of the Strategy cannot be pre-empted.
(3) Distribution arrangements for the Strategy will be determined when it is finalised.
[A copy of the attachment has been lodged with the Chamber Support Office.]
Insurance—Canberra Racing Club
(Question No 595)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 20 September 2005, (redirected to the Acting Treasurer):