Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 3702..
(4) No funds were rolled over as the funding was either expended or committed during the 2004-05 financial year.
(5) Two playgrounds from 2004-05 Playground Safety Program awaiting completion are Sanderson Close, Flynn and Herron Place, Latham. The finalisation of these playgrounds is behind schedule due to delays in the supply and installation of play equipment.
(6) Yes, $500 000 has been allocated to the 2005-06 Playground Safety Program. None of the funds have been expended to date. The design stage for the 2005-06 programmed works is underway with the submission of Preliminary Sketch Plans due by mid October 2005. The construction stage of the program is scheduled for delivery in the third and fourth quarter of 2005-06.
(7) The 2005-06 Playground Safety Program includes the following playgrounds for upgrade:
(Question No 570)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 26 August 2005:
(1) What was delivered for the $3000 of capital expenditure on "Accessible public transport facilities"as at the end of the March 2004-05 quarter;
(2) Why was only 1.5% of the budget allocated to this project spent as at the end of the March quarter;
(3) Was there any further expenditure on this project in the final quarter of 2004-05; if so, where and what was delivered for that expenditure and what was the total amount of expenditure as at the end of 2004-05;
(4) What was the total amount rolled over for this project into the 2005-06 financial year;
(5) If there is no rolled over amount, why not;
(6) What is planned for this project as part of any rollover amount in 2005-06;
(7) Given that the Government has been talking about the need to improve public transport in Canberra, why does it seem expenditure on this project has such a low priority.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The $3,000 capital was spent on the connection of a bus pad and footpath in Fawkner Street, Braddon and a traffic control device plan for a new bus stop at the Canberra Centre.
(2) The tender for the majority of this work was only called in March 2005.