Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 3690..
(6)(c) In relation to convictions made, it is too resource intensive to provide this data within the timeframe provided.
Veterans memorial-capital expenditure
(Question No 550)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 25 August 2005:
(1) What has been delivered for the $1 000 capital expenditure, as at the end of the 2004-05 March Quarter, on the ACT Veterans' Memorial;
(2) What was the total amount of expenditure on this project as at the end of the 2004-05 financial year;
(3) Has this project been completed; if so, when was it completed; if not, (a) what is its current status, (b) why was it not completed by June 2005 as forecast in the 2004-05 Budget, (c) what is the new completion date, (d) what design will the Memorial take and (e) at what stage are the plans at for this Memorial;
(4) What consultation has taken place for this project.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The $1,000 of capital expenditure was associated with research materials and consultation activities relating to the development of the ACT Memorial.
(2) Expenditure at the end of the 2004-05 financial year totalled $1,254. The remaining funds were rolled over into the 2005-06 Budget.
(3) I accepted the recommendation of the Memorial Reference Group to develop the Memorial in two integrated parts - the physical memorial and a website with a database of those who have an association with the ACT and who have served the country. An additional $250,000 was allocated in the 2005-06 Budget.
(a) The Memorial Reference Group is currently considering designs for the physical Memorial. A researcher has been appointed to prepare data for the ACT Memorial database. Work has commenced on the development of a website to support the Memorial.
(b) The project's forecast completion of June 2005 was changed to extend the scope of the project.