Next page . .
Previous page . . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .
Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (22 September) . .
(Question No 543)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 25 August 2005:
(1) What was delivered for the $169 000 of capital expenditure, as at the end of the 2004-05 March Quarter, on the forward design of the Sustainable Transport Initiative, Stage 1;
(2) Was there any further expenditure on this project in the final quarter of 2004-05; if so, how much and what was delivered for that expenditure; if not, why not;
(3) What is the current (a) total expenditure and (b) status of this project;
(4) What is the completion date for this project;
(5) Is the project running according to schedule to meet that completion date and will it be met on budget.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The following items have been delivered as at end March 2005:
- bus station design guidelines
- governance model and committee terms of reference for project oversight
- initial route options work for early discussions with stakeholders
- proposed route announced in January 2005
- completion of route options for busway through City West area and initial option identification for bus operation in the City Centre
- capitalised salary for dedicated project staff
- tenders called for route identification and Preliminary assessment of Belconnen-City Busway
- tenders called for specialist Busway program management assistance.
(2) Expenditure for the June quarter was $1.18m.
Total expenditure for the year was forecast at $1.5m of which $1.47m was spent as at the end of June 2005. During this quarter the following was delivered:
- a one-off annual transfer of $0.5m made to Department of Urban Services for completion of bicycle path construction in 2004-05 as part of the 10 year cycle master plan;
- contract awarded for the Belconnen - City route identification and Preliminary Assessment work;
- contract awarded to McCormick Rankin and Cagney, an international transportation and Busway specialist organisation, for work to be undertaken in 2005 - 2007.
- Completion of preliminary sketch plans for bus priority measures in Belconnen Town Centre.
- Preparation of tender documentation for a number of tenders to be called in Quarters 1-2 2005-06, including: