Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (22 September) . . Page.. 3633..
(1) Yes the Government does record the total removals from the waiting list for 'other reasons'. Hospital information systems are not able to divide these into individual reasons.
(2) Removals from the waiting list for 'other reasons' include - could not be contacted; treated elsewhere, died, surgery not required or declined and transferred to another hospital's waiting list.
(3) The removals for 'other reasons' were high in May and June as TCH and Calvary Hospital conducted a whole of waiting list audit during these months.
Hospitals-psychiatric services units
(Question No 471)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 17 August 2005:
(1) Further to the response to question on notice No 331 in which you provided details for the Psychiatry Services Unit and as my original question asked for details regarding the New Psychiatric Secure Unit as listed on page 149 of the 2004-05 Budget Paper No. 4, what funds have been expended to date on the "Extension of Psychiatric Secure Unit"listed as New Works in the 2004-05 Budget;
(2) What has been delivered for that expenditure;
(3) Was this project meant to be completed by March 2005; if so, was the project completed in March; if not, why not;
(4) If the project was completed by March 2005, when will the extension be open for use.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The question the member has asked in relation to the Psychiatric Secure Unit is, in fact, the extension of the Psychiatric Services Unit located on campus at The Canberra Hospital. The expenditure to date on this project is $1,248,554 (exclusive of GST).
(2) The project has delivered a new secure reception area including office and workroom, new Low Dependency Unit staff station, new egress doors from the interview rooms, a new seclusion area extension, internal refurbishment of Suite B, new external courtyard area and other improvements in accordance with the recommendations of the Mann-Laroche report. A fire sprinkler system has also been installed for all patient areas.
(3) The original project schedule was for the works to be completed by March 2005. The project was subject to delays due to a number of factors including:
(4) The project was completed in July 2005 and new areas are now available for use.