Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 9 Hansard (18 August) . . Page.. 2985..
(2) How many complaints were received regarding workloads of nurses by the (a) Minister and (b) Department of Health in 2004-05.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) the headcount of permanent nurses who resigned from The Canberra Hospital and Calvary Health Care from July 2004 to end of June 2005, by classification level, was:
Total Resignations* - July 04 to June 05 (Headcount)
Registered Nurse Level 1
Registered Nurse Level 2
Registered Nurse Level 3
Registered Nurse Level 4
Registered Nurse Level 5
* excludes retirements, dismissals and external transfers.
(b) the headcount of nurses permanently recruited to The Canberra Hospital and Calvary Health Care from July 2004 to end of June 2005, by classification level, was:
Total Recruitments - July 04 to June 05 (Headcount)
(2) (a) during 2004/05 the Chief Minister received one signed proforma postcard from a constituent, as part of the ANF Campaign 'FAIR GO' for NURSES FUTURE the previous year. This correspondence was passed on to myself.
(b) no written complaints were received either by myself or Dr Tony Sherbon, Chief Executive of ACT Health Department from individual employees. However, Dr Sherbon has been engaged in ongoing consultation with the Australian Nursing Federation in relation to the interpretation and implementation of relevant provisions of the ACT Public Sector Nursing Staff Agreement 2004-2007.
Health-mental health clients
(Question No 445)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 30 June 2005:
(1) How many mental health clients (a) suicided and (b) attempted suicide in the 2004-05 financial year;
(2) What is the total number of mental health clients who (a) suicided and (b) attempted suicide in the (i) 2003-04, (ii) 2002-03 and (iii) 2001-02 financial years;
(3) Are there any concerns or have any concerns been raised about the handling of any of these incidents in the 2004-05 financial year;