Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 7 Hansard (23 June) . . Page.. 2301..
Mr Smyth's time as Minister for Business, a departmental officer accompanied Mr Smyth to South Africa, travelling business class - applying the same practice as used now.
(2) It was more cost efficient to purchase a return business class ticket rather than several one way journeys in different classes - providing a cost saving of $3,356.
(3) A selection process was not appropriate, given the specific responsibility of the Functions Coordinator for arrangements for the London/Wales leg.
(4) The officer responsible for arrangements in China accompanied the delegation to China.
(Question No 369)
Mrs Burke asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 7 April 2005:
(1) Further to the reply to question on notice No 96, have you established a set number of places within the ACT Public Service Graduate Program for people with a disability who have graduated from the University of Canberra; if so, what is the set number of places; if not, when will this set number be determined;
(2) What work has been undertaken to establish further linkages with other tertiary institutions across the ACT as indicated in the reply.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Options around the implementation of the 2006 ACT Public Service Graduate Program are currently being considered. The Commissioner for Public Administration has flagged an initial target of 50% representation by people with a disability. Graduates with a disability from a number of universities including the University of Canberra would be eligible to apply.
(2) The Disability Coordination Office at the Canberra Institute of Technology has also been approached.
Roads—Gungahlin Drive extension
(Question No 377)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 7 April 2005:
(1) In relation to the Gungahlin Drive Extension (GDE), has the Government let contracts for the construction of the GDE between the Barton Highway and Ginninderra Drive since September 2004; if so, to whom and for how much;