Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 6 Hansard (6 May) . . Page.. 2029..
(1) The information requested is not readily available. A detailed breakdown is difficult as funding in relation to health, housing, education and employment opportunities for the Aboriginal population of the ACT is provided through a mix of general and Indigenous specific programs.
(2) There is no validation committee that decides on overall funding for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs and projects.
Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders-funding
(Question No 361)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Arts, Heritage and Indigenous Affairs, upon notice, on 6 April 2005:
(1) What is the total amount of funding provided to the Billabong Corporation for 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004 and 2004-2005;
(2) In what areas was the funding allocated;
(3) What have been the benefits arising from the funding provided;
(4) How have the Indigenous community benefited;
(5) Is the Billabong Corporation currently under investigation; if so, why;
(6) If an investigation has been completed what were the outcomes.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) My Department provided the following funding to Billabong Aboriginal Corporation: 2001-2002: $7,900; 2002-2003: Nil; 2003-2004: $10,000; 2004-2005: $41,580.
(2) 2001-2002: Building capacity for Indigenous Enterprise Development.
2003-2004: Renew Community Facilities Pilot Program.
2004-2005: Indigenous IT AwarenessRaising Computer Rollout under The Digital Divide program. The contract with Billabong Aboriginal Corporation covers the period 21 December 2004 to 20 December 2005 and the total Contract price is $91,850.00 and is payable by the following instalments: $41,580 upon execution of the contract; $37,070 upon the successful completion of installation and configuration of all computers that have been made available by the organisations, and the commencement of training; $13,200 upon the successful completion of training.
(3) 2001-2002: Increase in skills and competency of Indigenous people in relation to Indigenous enterprise development.
2003-2004: Upgrade of change rooms and toilets at Billabong's property in Hawker.
2004-2005: Execution of the contract has commenced and is in its early stages of installing and upgrading of computers to the selected Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community organisations.