Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 6 (4 May) . . Page.. 1757..
MR SESELJA (continuing):
We do not know what the government's view is on it. All we are getting is a bit of wishy-washiness or a bit of Mr Corbell stepping back from his initial position. If Mr Corbell is stepping back from his initial position, I would certainly welcome that. But I just want Mr Corbell to make that clear, because I do not think the position is very clear as to exactly where things stand.
In summary: we will not obviously be supporting the amendments. I do not think they add anything. As usual, they just have a very self-congratulatory tone, so obviously we will not be supporting them.
That Mr Corbell's amendments be agreed to.
The Assembly voted-
Question so resolved in the affirmative.
Motion, as amended, agreed to.
DR FOSKEY (Molonglo) (12.00): I move:
That the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services reconvene the Affordable Housing Taskforce with the following terms of reference:
(1) review progress in improving housing affordability since the Taskforce report Strategies for Action was tabled in 2002;
(2) review recent developments and initiatives to increase housing affordability in Australia and overseas, and assess their appropriateness in the ACT context;
(3) provide advice to the Government on the implementation of strategies outlined in that report;
(4) oversee the development of a long-term Affordable Housing Strategy for the ACT; and
(5) provide ongoing advice to the Government on housing affordability in the ACT and the effectiveness of strategies and actions implemented by the Government.