Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 5 Hansard (7 April) . . Page.. 1620..
(Question No 250)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 9 March 2005:
(1) How many cases of drink spiking were reported to police each month from February 2004 to February 2005;
(2) How many of these cases were followed up by police;
(3) Were any offenders identified; if so, in how many cases;
(4) Were any arrests or charges laid; if so, in how many cases;
(5) What ongoing work is being undertaken to reduce the incidence of drink spiking, particularly with the start of the new university year.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Number of drink spiking incidents reported
(2) All complaints where victims are identified and wish to speak with police are followed up.
(5) ACT Policing has a Drink Spiking DVD and lesson plans for delivery at high schools and colleges. ACT Policing also has a "Party Smart"pack which has information on drink spiking. These packs are distributed at all road shows and other display venues. They have been distributed at the Orientation Weeks at the universities. These packs have also been given to organisations with youth interest.