Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 4 Hansard (17 March) . . Page.. 1294..
(1) What steps does Housing ACT take to rectify, when it is identified, that incorrect deductions are taken from a housing tenant who has a direct debit arrangement to pay rent in automatic deductions;
(2) How does Housing ACT advise the tenant of the steps taken to amend any incorrect deduction of rent made by the Department.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In cases where the tenant requests, a cash refund of $100 is arranged and any balance above this is paid via an electronic funds transfer (EFT) to their bank account. In cases where the tenant agrees, the total amount will be paid via EFT;
(2) The relevant tenancy manager arranges the refund and advises the tenant of the action being taken.
Disability, Housing and Community Services, Department
(Question No 326)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 16 March 2005:
(1) When was the first Departmental meeting held between the Minister and the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services staff;
(2) Were all staff, of all ranks, in attendance at this meeting.
Mr Hargreaves : The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Following the ACT Elections in October 2004, the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services first met with Departmental staff on 5 November 2004. The meeting was attended by the Chief Executive, Executive Coordinator, the Executive Director for Disability ACT, and the Executive Director for Housing and Community Services.