Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 4 Hansard (17 March) . . Page.. 1286..
Emergency services-communications disruptions
(Question No 209)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
(1) Is it the case that at approximately 2.40 pm on Thursday, 20 January 2005 that the Emergency Services Communication Centre's 000 service failed;
(2) If so, (a) how long did it fail for, (b) what was the cause of the failure, (c) did it divert to another location and (d) where did it divert to.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) Not applicable.
Seniors-aged care facilities
(Question No 210)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
(1) Does the Minister agree with comments made on WIN News on Friday, 11 February where it was reported that land grants are usually only given to existing aged care facilities who want to expand;
(2) If so, how can this be the case when the Government has issued direct land grants to organisations like the Little Company of Mary at Bruce, who do not already have existing premises to expand;
(3) What other organisations have been given direct land grants to build aged facilities who do not already have an existing facility.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Given the increasing scarcity of greenfield sites for aged care development direct grants will increasingly only be focussed on the extension of existing facilities where this is possible. This does not rule out occasions of direct grants to those organisations who have demonstrated their capacity to develop and manage the land and have the appropriate financial capacity, expertise and experience in the field.
(2) The Little Company of Mary is a national aged care service provider who has wide experience in the provision and management of aged care services.
(3) Little Company of Mary are the only aged care provider to date that has been given a land grant without having an existing aged care facility in the ACT.