Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 4 Hansard (17 March) . . Page.. 1276..
Canberra Labor Club-donations
(Question No 186)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
(1) How much money was donated by the Canberra Labor Club to assist in the funding of any activities at the National Multicultural Festival in 2005;
(2) What policy does the ACT Government have on accepting donations or sponsorship for community events endorsed by the ACT Government from organisations deemed to be clearly affiliated with political parties.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) This information should be sought from the Canberra Labor Club.
(2) The ACT Government assesses sponsorship proposals for its events on a case by case basis weighing up the type of event and the source of proposed sponsorship funds. There is currently no basis to assess whether an organisation which proposes to sponsor an ACT Government event is "clearly affiliated with political parties", and it would be difficult to determine exactly what criteria would be applied in such a situation.
Education-racism in schools
(Question No 187)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
(1) How many (a) formal complaints and (b) allegations of racism in schools have been recorded on the Department of Education and Training's database;
(2) Is this an increase or decrease on the number of (a) formal complaints and (b) allegations of racism in previous years.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) Nil (b) Nil *
(2) The Department of Education and Training complaints database started in August 2004. Comparisons with previous years are not available.
*only formal complaints are entered into the register
Emergency services-single response units
(Question No 189)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2005: