Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 4 Hansard (17 March) . . Page.. 1273..
(3) On 29 June 2004, Mr Quinlan wrote to the Hon John Anderson MP, the then Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Transport and Regional Services, seeking the Commonwealth's position on making Block 52 Majura immediately available for Territory purposes, specifically a Dragway. Mr Anderson responded on 30 July 2004, indicating that he had forwarded this letter to the Minister for Finance and Administration and the Minister for Defence for their consideration.
On 17 November 2004, Mr Quinlan wrote to the Hon Jim Lloyd MP, Minister for Territories, noting the Territory's continuing interest in the degazettal of part of Block 52 Majura, and seeking information on the status of Federal interest in that land. On 27 January 2005, Mr Lloyd responded, indicating that he had referred this letter to the Minister for Finance and Administration and the Minister of Defence for their consideration. Neither the Minister for Finance and Administration nor the Minister for Defence has responded to either of these letters.
(4) See answer to Question 3.
(5) See answers to Questions 1 and 2.
(6) There are a number of outstanding issues to be resolved, including noise, site selection and acquisition, and design and construction. As I indicated to Mr Stefaniak during Question Time on 17 February 2005, the Government will assess the impacts of the Dragway, and will do a range of the usual studies, investigations and consultations that all Governments do in relation to major projects such as a Dragway. The Working Party will assist to oversee the initial stages of the development of the Dragway.
Employment and unemployment-programs
(Question No 172)
Mrs Burke asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
(1) Have amendments been made to the Pubic Sector Management Standards to incorporate special employment programs and remove redundant references; if not, why not.
(2) What are special employment programs and how are they implemented and administered.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Amendments to the Standards will be made to provide for these programs.
The first program relates to the ACT Public Service (ACTPS) Employment Framework for People with a Disability which I launched on 9 September 2004. The amendment is being developed and it will remove outdated references.
(2) The Public Sector Management Act 1994 (PSM Act) provides for Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) programs to enable people in designated groups to compete for promotion and transfer in the ACTPS and pursue careers in the ACTPS as effectively as other persons.
Designated groups include women, Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders, people from non-English speaking backgrounds and people with a disability. Programs can also