Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 4 Hansard (17 March) . . Page.. 1250..
Copies were distributed to MLAs, government agencies, community organisations and the women who were profiled in the publication.
(Question No 128)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 February 2005, (redirected to the Treasurer):
(1) Were there a number of tractors or other machinery or assets with grass cutting implements sold or auctioned off from Totalcare or any Urban Services agency in the six months prior or at any time up to 18 January 2003 bushfires in the ACT;
(2) If so, how many of these assets were sold or auctioned off and why were they sold;
(3) What price was received for each of these assets.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In the case of Totalcare: no. In the case of the Department of Urban Services: no.
(Question No 130)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 15 February 2005:
(1) How many offensive and dangerous weapon related crimes, by weapon type and including guns, knives and the like, have been committed in the ACT during (a) 2000-2001, (b) 2001-2002, (c) 2002-2003 and (d) 2004-2005 to date;
(2) In relation to those crimes for each year in part (1) how many (a) crimes resulted in death or injury, (b) arrests were made, (c) charges were laid and (d) successful convictions were there;
(3) What were the nature of the sentences or penalties imposed on those who were successfully convicted.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) The table below shows the number of selected offences, reported to police where a weapon was used, displayed by weapon type and selected offence, reported for the year 2000-2001;