Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 3 Hansard (10 March) . . Page.. 967..
(3) At 21 February 2005 there were 44 short-term Executive contracts in place. There were 16 non-Executives acting in Executive positions and 28 Executives acting in other Executive positions.
The figures provided in question on notice No 1 included all short-term contracts.
Community engagement code of practice
(Question No 196)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2005:
(1) Further to the response to question on notice No 38 (Hansard, 9 December 2004, page 340) in which the Minister stated that the completion date of the Community Engagement Code of Practice will not be until the end of this financial year, what are the reasons for the delay in the (a) preparation and (b) release of the Code of Practice which was scheduled for completed in July August 2004;
(2) What benefits will the community see from the lengthy preparation of this document;
(3) What is the total cost involved in preparing this document.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) a) The expansion of the Community Engagement Initiative from one product to four products:
Community Engagement Manual (formerly the Community Engagement Code of Practice)
Community Engagement Service Charter
Community Engagement Website and Intranet
Community Engagement Training Program.
b) See (a)
(2) The comprehensive package of measures aims to reflect a change to the prevailing culture to one in which:
There is a greater sense of collaborative partnership;
Government agencies focus on quality rather than quantity in their engagement activities with the community;