Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 3 Hansard (10 March) . . Page.. 958..
(Question No 160)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 16 February 2005:
(1) Were there any reports of (a) suspicious activity, (b) attempted theft, (c) criminal damage, (d) car thefts or (e) car break-ins in the suburb of O'Connor on Australia Day this year;
(2) If so, were these calls followed up by police and a car/officer dispatched to the area;
(3) If there was/were reports and an officer was not dispatched, why was an officer not dispatched;
(4) How many police were on patrol and/or available to attend call-outs in the Inner North area including Hackett, Watson, Lyneham, Ainslie, Dickson, Downer, O'Connor, Turner, Campbell, Braddon and Reid on Australia Day this year.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There were no offences of this nature reported in O'Connor on 26 January 2005. Four other types of offences were, however, reported at O'Connor (two traffic accidents, a disturbance and a burglary) as occurring on that day.
(2) Police attended all four incidents.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) All ACT Policing patrols, including specialist teams, can be deployed across Canberra on a needs basis given the centralised despatch and priority system adopted by ACT Policing.
Environment and conservation-recycling
(Question No 166)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 16 February 2005:
(1) Further to 'Output Class 1.3: Waste and Recycling' in the Urban Services Portfolio December 2004 Quarterly Performance Report what were the targets and performance results in relation to the quantity of waste to landfill for (a) quantity and (b) cost;
(2) What is the monthly breakdown of waste to landfill from July 2003 to December 2004;
(3) Why is the ACT paying so much for green waste acceptance, processing and recycling services when it is carried out by private contractors;
(4) Is there a government subsidy to private contractors in areas of green waste acceptance, processing and recycling services;
(5) If there is a government subsidy, how much was this subsidy for (a) 2003-2004 and (b) 2004-2005 to date.