Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 2 Hansard (17 February) . . Page.. 666..
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Government announced on 25 May 2004 the allocation of recurrent funding for the recruitment of suitable child protection staff. The allocation of funds was $2.9M. These funds will include recruitment drives from overseas, interstate and the Territory.
(2) Reimbursement of relocation expenses for both interstate and overseas recruits is made in accordance with the provisions of the Office for Children, Youth and Family Support Certified Agreement 2004 - 2007. The range of expenses that may be reimbursed is set out in the Public Sector Management Standards.
(3) Refer to information above.
(4) Overseas recruits have case management support during their relocation to Canberra and have been receiving regular information packages about the immigration process, social, cultural, educational information relating to Canberra and detailed information on the Office's roles, structure and operations. In addition, current Office staff, who have migrated to Australia, are assisting with the development of a host family program, and community support/social activities to assist new workers and their families to settle into Canberra.
(5) All new staff will receive training in relation to relevant legislation, related court processes and child protection policies and procedures as part of core training. A range of experts will deliver this training.
All other core training links practice to relevant legislation and compliance as necessary. Workplace supervision and support is also provided to further develop legislative knowledge and its application to practice in the ACT.
(Question No 63)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 9 December 2004:
How many (a) development applications were lodged for dual occupancy development and (b) dual occupancies were approved for development, and in what suburbs, in (i) 2001-02, (ii) 2002-03, (iii) 2003-04 and (iv) to date in 2004-05.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Note (A): All Dual Occupancy Applications relating to the construction of a new Dual Occupancy, lodged in the FY period. (see detailed Table A attached).